Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sun Devil Lower Receiver... 6061 vs. 7075 Aluminum

I have read a few threads of conversation about 6061 vs. 7075 aluminum in billet machined receivers. It is always a hot topic of discussion here in Arizona as Sun Devil Mfg.. and POF are just across town from one another. I thought this post on AR15.com was great... Real data from a dealer that carries both Sun Devil and POF receivers. Here is what Rainier Arms had to say about Sun Devil's receivers:

"People get way too technical on these boards sometimes. 6061 vs 7075 aluminum, billet vs forged, etc. All I can tell you is from real world experience selling these. I've sold several hundred of these (maybe 500 or so) and all I can say is out of all the lowers including POF, these have the fewest returns. I believe Sun Devil quality control is better than most from my experience selling lowers and they flat out work and people who have purchased them are happy. The one return I can remember was a user error situation."

No comments: